1.4.18

Running Conditions: March 2018

This has been a rough month for a lot of reasons.  Not everything is weather related.  But the weather certainly isn't helping anything. 
March started off cold, but the days getting longer and longer.  The sidewalks are covered in mixtures of snow, ice, and puddles the size of a car.
Mid-March I went home for a week, so there's no Minneapolis weather pictures from then.
For the last week, I'd finally started trusting the sidewalks in the neighborhood to be clear for running.  And then I woke up to ice and an inch of snow today.  
The lakes are still frozen.  I haven't seen the Great Horned Owls yet.  Mostly because I haven't trusted the sidewalks to be clear enough to feel great about running that way right now. 
Runs in ice cleats: 1.  It was a little over a mile, keeping the steak alive.
Runs in shorts: 4.  For some reason, I thought there were more.  That number is so depressingly low.
Runs in short sleeves: 5.  That number is also sadly low.  Winter will never end.
March is going out like a lion.


No comments:

Post a Comment