31.3.18

March Goals: Weather

Psych!  I am Captain Grumpy Pants and am not into reviewing goals right now.  Instead, I'd like to talk about the weather.

The weather for 2018 has been rough.  The lakes are still frozen.  I was on Cedar Lake Trail, Lake Nokomis and Minnehaha Creek Trail this week.  The pedestrian trails still have ice or snow on them in places.  (Though the snow is starting to melt.) There's been rain, snow, and wind to contend with as well.   For that reason, a significant number of my runs have been dictated by the weather.  Like, "oh, there's a blizzard today, I'll get out and do my mile, and then move these miles to Friday" 

Before this year, I had a fairly reliable running schedule that had 1 mile runs on Wednesday and Fridays, and bigger miles on the other days based on whatever race was coming up.  And then, this year so far, it's like "Mondays suck, let's see how I feel on Wednesday"


No comments:

Post a Comment