11.3.17

Flying Pig 2017 9 Weeks to Go

Sunday
Planned: Long Run or second longest run (do the opposite on Monday)
Actual: 12.15 miles at Ft Snelling.  This is both long run and hill day.

Monday
Planned: Long run or second longest run (do the opposite from Sunday)
Actual: 7 mile tempo/second longest run.  This was a fantastic workout.  The runner's high was so phenomenal I had enough energy to file my taxes

Tuesday
Planned: Speed work, Lift weights
Actual: Speed work was w/u, 9X 1:00 fast, 1:30easy, c/d.  This was a hard workout into the wind and the 'fast' intervals weren't always as fast as I'd have liked.  No lifting weights.  Because reasons.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run, maybe Zumba?
Actual: 1.16 miles run inside so I could escape the blazing wind.  Made up the weight lifting workout from yesterday.  And I am pleased to report I also did go to Zumba.  I saw friends I've been missing and generally had a blast.

Thursday
Planned: Tempo run (148-160bpm), Lift weights
Actual: 6 miles on the track because I just could not deal with 30* and 15mph winds and lifting weights.  This was an easy run because tempo happened on Monday.  At first I thought I'd run my mile on the track and then move over to the elliptical but as I got started, I felt okay so I kept going.

Friday:
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.23 miles outside.  Brr.

Saturday
Planned: Speed work , Lift weights
Actual: Speed work followed by a 'new' 30 minute Kettle bell workout to replace the old Kettlebell TRX class that I will miss. I'm still up in the air on this KB workout.  We'll have to see how it goes.


No comments:

Post a Comment