18.3.17

Flying Pig 2017 8 Weeks to Go

Sunday
Planned: Long Run or second longest run (do the opposite on Monday)
Actual: 1.5 miles run, 1hr elliptical, TRX/Kettlebell class.  I didn't do anything like a long run today because of the weather.  I woke up feeling destroyed and not wanting to run in the cold.  Doing a later workout at the gym did give me the opportunity to try a different TRX/Kettlebell class.  I liked it.  Taking it long term means I have to make a pretty big adjustment to the training schedule.

Monday
Planned: Long run or second longest run (do the opposite from Sunday)
Actual: 1hr Tempo run on the treadmill.  I know right.  I just can't do anything in order this week.  I ran a slightly slower 'tempo' of 4.8mph (12:30/mile), and then increased the speed up to 5.0mph (12:00/mile) for the last 15 minutes or so.  I did get to a total of 5 miles on the treadmill, though Garmin thinks I went a lot less.  Because it gets confused without the GPS to keep it in line.

Tuesday
Planned: Speed work, Lift weights
Actual: Speed work was inside on the track, w/u, 6X 1 lap hard, 1 lap easy.  This was a rough workout because my stomach was upset.  I skipped weights b/c of that.


Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.23 miles outside.  No Zumba.

Thursday
Planned: Tempo run (148-160bpm), Lift weights
Actual: Long run, 12.06 miles at Medicine Lake.

Friday:
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 7 laps on the track (6 laps is a mile).  Lift  weights.  This makes up for Thursday.  I have yet to make up for Tuesday and probably wont?

Saturday
Planned: Speed work , Lift weights
Actual: Speed work on the track (w/u, 10x 1/2 lap hard, 1/2 lap easy, c/d), then Zumba.  I'm going to fix the workout template to adjust for when I'm actually running and lifting.


No comments:

Post a Comment