9.11.12

What's in my blog roll - T

Check out part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 and part 5 if you haven't yet.

The Heavy Table reviews local restaurants, and sometimes regional places in Duluth or farther away as well.  Sometimes their RSS feeds and stories are weird and I skip them, but I've found a few cool places with this site and have a new respect for food trucks as a business as well.

The TSA Blog - TSA are also known as "airport security" for those of you not in the USA or who don't fly often.  Sometimes this thing is hilarious.  "We found 72 bombs and firearms this month".  They don't give away too much on their procedures and sometimes it is a mouthpiece for their PR machine.  "These backscatter things are fiiiine, don't worry".  But as someone who flies several times a year I think it's interesting to read and understand these people's jobs.

ThinkGeek - What's New  Yes, I totally do get this feed; I rarely buy any of the stuff though.  I've actually only bought a couple things from the site including some cookie cutters and the measuring cup plunger which were presents for my Pooky Bear who loves to bake cookies.

TorrentFreak is great for the more tech-savvy or tech-curious amongst us.  Learn all about what is bit torrent, how to use it and more importantly how not to use it.  It's also got a look at the current issues surrounding bit torrent, like countries that try to block torrent sites, how internet providers are treating torrent traffic, and legal issues in multiple countries related to the protocol.

The Turtle Path is written by a (non-local) elite ultra marathoner.  Those people are even crazier than marathoners which you wouldn't think was possible until someone's all "let's run a race that's four times as long as a marathon".  It has race reports from some fairly big ultra races, some of which I dream of doing some day in my life when I'm even faster and fitter and more of a mountain goat.  (So, no particular timeline for that goal.)

The Athena Diaries is one of the first running/athlete blogs I found.  I'm constantly entertained by the snark and the honesty of the blog.  Also, this chick is now an ultra marathoner as well.  Bat shit crazy.  Congratulations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment