26.10.12

What's in my blogroll? D, E, F and G

For A through C, check out this post.

D - I have nothing that starts with the letter D that I want to admit.  Someone make a recommendation.

Eat:Watch:Run is a blog I check out from time to time.  I find the captions on some of the pictures to be hilarious.  I also find they enhance my reading experience.

Flying with Fish is an excellent read for anyone who has ever been to an airport or on an airplane.  There's some nice explanations of how things like seat upgrades work and how to cooperate with our friends in security.  It's also a fairly balanced look at some of the issues facing air travel, especially TSA.  The pieces don't vilify TSA unjustly but also don't give them more credit than they deserve.  As someone who flies several times a year, I find it a really interesting read.

Getting Around Minneapolis I like for obvious reasons.  It's not updated a ton but the posts tend to be both interesting and educational.  Since I didn't grow up here, I don't always understand why things are this way up here.  It's a really nice look at "this is the infrastructure we have, here's how we got it, and these are the ways we can make it even better". 

GOOD Magazine  I realized as I posted this, this last sight may not be as politically or socially neutral as some other sites.  It does highlight some pretty creative solutions to the problems our society is facing.

No comments:

Post a Comment