22.10.12

Weekend Workouts

Sunday I supposedly had a long run scheduled but I just didn't have the will.  Instead I poked around a corn maze with the Qat Lady and my Pooky Bear.  When I got home I did a 1 mile run (yup, still running at least 1 mile/day) and then an assigned workout.  I was covered in sweat by the end.  Those damn push ups helped me find a set of abs I didn't know where there.  Ouch.




 
Monday I had almost no will to do anything.
I did an assigned workout at the challenge meeting.  It wasn't much, a couple sprints and a couple other exercises, but whatever.  When I got home I ran another mile (actually needed music to get through this one) and then did another assigned workout.  Although this new workout doesn't have the numbers of everything we're supposed to do, it only has numbers for some of them, so I had to guess.







So far - I don't know that I'll keep this up the rest of my life, but I do like having at least a little something that I can do every day, even if it only ends up making a 20-minute workout.  And hopefully running shorter distances will eventually translate into speed at longer distances.  We're in the post-marathon slump so it's not clear I'll ever get back to a longer distance but that's okay. 

No comments:

Post a Comment