29.10.12

What's in my blog roll? H through M

Check out Part 1 and Part 2 for the history.  This is a bare section of the alphabet for blogs and other news sources.  I have a couple things I read that start with H and I, but I'm not such a fan that I'm listing them.  Apparently nothing starts with J or K, so if you have a blog that does you should let me know!

Lifehacker is one of the most useful websites on the planet.  Want to know what computer programs you can use for free instead of Microsoft Office?  What about if you have a Mac and want to know what programs for Mac have the same features as a certain program in Windows?  Want to know what alarm clock works best or which online banks have the best perks?  Or, would you like to know which gadgets are best for tracking fitness?  So much useful stuff.

Love The Liberry - I can relate to this because I spent most of my teens and twenties working in museums, nature centers and aquariums and was asked a similar variety of questions.  Ultimately, it takes all kinds.

Make It A Masterpiece - A Minnesota Runner's quest to complete the 50 States Challenge and raise money and awareness for cancer treatment (Team Continuum and Tackle Cancer).  I like to read the race reports so I can pick my next race, but I also like to read the training updates because they're usually talking about lakes and trails that I know.

Mental Floss - Such a time sink.  I especially love the quizzes and little games they have like "can you name this obscure character from Saved by the Bell?" (which I rocked) and "was this about training a puppy or supervising a millennial?" (which I also rocked).  You can also find out random information like why elections are on Tuesdays and why college football is Saturdays and NFL football is always Sundays until the college season is over.

No comments:

Post a Comment