11.11.12

Weekend Workouts - Winter Track Workouts

This was another (surprisingly) good week of workouts.  Maybe I'm taking less 'downtime' in November than I normally do. 

Monday was a quick 1-miler before work.
Tuesday was two one-milers one before and one after voting.
Wednesday was another quick 1-miler because I was way too tired to get up for Water Running in the morning and didn't really want to do anything until I'd fixed the toilet anyway.
Thursday is always a big day.  55 minute Circuit Class (yes, mountain climbers with your hands on a medicine ball is a great idea), run 1-mile, 60 minute Zumba class.  Thursdays are my favorite day of the week.  Zumba is such a great way to start the weekend.
Friday was all kinds of working out.  I went on my first 7-miler since the marathon, and then a 20-mile bike ride
Saturday I hit the gym and did a 1-miler (just to keep the streak alive), a "finisher" of walk-out planks and goblet squats, and 60 minute Zumba class.  Again, I love Zumba.  I was in the second row today, right up front.   Nice.  Also, I'm like the only person in class that doesn't leave my spot for a drink of water.  What is that all about?
Sunday I hit the gym for an actual track workout.  Meaning not just an "I'm going to run a mile because I had this goal of running a mile/day until the end of the year".  I did a descending workout, similar to the one described here, but with a 4, 3, 3, 2, 2, 2, 1, 1, 1, 1 pattern.  (I know it's a lot to think about.  It was for me too.)

No comments:

Post a Comment