9.11.12

Friday Long Run

The sun has been an elusive friend these past few weeks, so when I saw the weather forecast and woke up to bright sunshine, I knew I had to get out.  This is my longest run since the marathon, a whopping seven miles.  I decided to hit my favorite Lake Hiawatha and Lake Nokomis route.

Running - It felt great to be out.  My body was all "I remember how to do this, this is nice".  I've been doing so many 1-mile runs lately that it felt wild to be all "pace yourself, slow the hell down".  Like a true marathoner, I did remember how to pace myself and the run got easier and easier as the morning went on.  I was so happy to be out, and so not concerned about my time, I snapped several pictures with my pathetic little iPod camera. 

A couple of views from Lake Nokomis.  Above - downtown in the distance.  This is one my favorite views of downtown.  One day I will snap a picture with a better camera so you can all zoom in and feel the love as well. Below is the smaller beach on the lake.  The willow trees are the only things that still have green leaves.



Above - At Lake Hiawatha.  They remove the lifeguard chairs at the end of the summer but leave the lifeguard boats at all the beaches; I assume in case of emergency.  I don't know if the boat is chained to anything.  (That would kind of defeat the in case of emergency purpose.)
Below - at Cedar and 42nd Avenue; this locations newest incarnation is the Pupuseria.  It's been about five things in the past five years.  I have no idea why businesses don't do well that that corner.


 One last look from the lake.

No comments:

Post a Comment