29.8.12

Sprint Workouts - Getting Faster

I meant to get up and run this morning but I was tired and grumpy.  I found the option of running in 95* at 6pm not so appealing so I hit the gym instead.  I did two workouts together, for a long fun time. 
 
Workout 1 - Pyramid workout.  When this is usually written for track workouts it's like "run this distance and then rest this long".  I just changed the rests to walking because it suits this situation much better.
  • Run 1 lap, walk 1
  • Run 2 laps, walk 1
  • Run 3 laps, walk 1
  • Run 4 laps, walk 1
  • Run 3 laps, walk 1
  • Run 2 laps, walk 1
  • Run 1 lap, walk 1


Workout 2 - Drills.  The point of drills is to make me stronger.  I do them in the opposite order of how much I like them, which means the ones I hate the most I do first so I can look forward to the fun ones later.
  • Box jumps on the short end of the track, run the long sides
  • Lunges on the short end, run the long sides
  • High knees on the short end, run the long sides
  • Kick butts on the short end, run the long sides
  • Cross overs on the short end, run the long sides
  • Run backwards on the short end, run the long sides


Things I noticed:
  • I would time the last lap of each step of the pyramid workout, they started at a 9:00 pace but sped up to somewhere in the 8:00s.  That's fast for me.
  • Where is everyone?  The gym is empty.
  • I focused a lot on cadence tonight, getting my feet to turn over more times per minute, which was a new exercise and I liked it.


Music that helped me make it through:

No comments:

Post a Comment