4.8.12

Vacation Saturday - One more day of trails

Saturday was our last full day in Rocky Mountain National Park and it went like this:

Dad - so over the mountains and anything involving heights it's not even funny.  I don't know what I'm doing but it doesn't involve going into the park.

Qat Lady - I'm taking the day for myself.  I'll see you at dinner.

Mom, Marge and I - how can we see more of the park? 
Answer: The park runs shuttles within the park (nice) because after yesterday, I was pretty much done driving.  We headed out for an early shuttle and then for an early walk around Bear Lake (we see no bears) and up to Alberta Falls for some pictures.











After those two trails, we headed to the visitors center to pick up the other shuttle and look at the Cub Lake trail, although we didn't have time to walk the whole thing.  Marge also picked up a shiny new water bottle which later survived a swim in the creek.









It was a good thing I threw in one pair of grown up clothes at the last minute because dinner was at a fancy shmancy restaurant in Estes Park.  Dinner was lovely. I had gnocchi which is not commonly seen on menus.  After dinner, we headed back to the hotel and said our goodbyes because we wouldn't see each other the next morning.

      

No comments:

Post a Comment