3.8.12

Customer Service - Comcast vs. Verizon

A brief interlude before I finish telling you all about my vacation.  I got home last night and my cable and internet were out.  WTF?  I want to watch olympics.  And so the drama unfolds.

Call 1 to Comcast - they couldn't figure out why the cable and internet were out, but asked me to wait an hour.
Call 2 to Comcast - An hour later, no love.  "We'll send a tech out on Sunday".  At least the rep was nice.
We had landscapers at the condo so I shot off an email to the board president and the management company too to ask if that was tied to my cable not working.

This morning
Go to work to pick out the work wireless card, becuase I had actual work to do and required internet access. 
See an email on my phone from the board president - the landscapers did indeed shred the cable lines.  Comcast came out yesterday as the lines were shredded and fixed them, except my line.  They thought they missed one but couldn't find it.  Thanks for really leaving no stone unturned there.
Call back to Comcast and ask the service appointment be moved up since they already knew about the problem and failed to fix it properly yesterday.  They offered me 4-6pm today.
Check my wireless card - Verizon, the nations largest 4G network apparently doesn't offer coverage in South Minneapolis becuase I get no signal on its 4G, 3G or 2G networks.  I still have no internet.
Around 4:45pm the Comcast tech came, was super nice and helpful, and climbed on the roof of the building (which he apparently prefers to digging) to re-wire everything for me.

Winners in this situation:
The board president for helping me and talking to the Comcast tech about what happened yesterday since he saw that first hand too.
Comcast, even though they initially failed to recognize I was part of an earlier outage when I first called (you need a better way to track outages in multi-unit dwellings) they did ultimately send a tech out the same day when I asked, and the tech was on time and fixed everything for me.

Losers in this situation:
Verizon - Nations largest 4G network my foot.  It's Minneapolis, not the desert.
The landscapers - Surprise!  There's cables and pipes and shit underground. 

No comments:

Post a Comment