13.7.12

Indoor summer workouts - Circuit is your friend

It's hot here.  Perhaps I've mentioned this already?  Yesterday and today there was no hope of an outdoor workout so I headed inside.

Circuit is a great workout and cross training.  I go to my particular circuit class because it also helped me learn proper form for weight lifting.  And they kick my butt.

Zumba is fun.  Just fun.  I'm considering going tomorrow morning but we had a sub on Thursday so I'm a little gun shy.  The normal teacher, Bernice, is a rock star.  Probably because she's a good teacher.  This other lady tried to have too many dance moves in one song and it got confusing.  Also confusing because I didn't know all the songs.  Still fun.  Thursday is my favorite night of the week.

Elliptical has played less of a roll in marathon training lately, which is probably a good thing.  I did jump on it today for an hour.  I didn't get my normal elliptical at the gym so I did a little different workout (intervals instead of 'hills'). Still a great time.

Eleven - now Thirteen was my "finisher" for the day.  Finisher 1.  Liz 0.  See here for a description of the first time I tried this.  It goes like this:
  • 12 walkouts + 1 goblet squat = 13
  • 11 walkouts + 2 goblet squats = 13
  • you get the idea


In other news, I found a team for running Ragnar.  I could not be more excited.  Plus, it's all dudes.  Nice.

No comments:

Post a Comment