6.11.11

An impromptu reunion

I woke up this morning unable to move after yesterday's double dose of workouts.  Wow.  Circuit training apparently needs to be part of my life.

First thing I did was reset my bedroom clock, and alarm, and sleep for another hour. 

I had a breakfast date with my former roommate from Semester at Sea and her sister.  Holly was in town from Milwaukee and her sister came up from Tennessee to spend some quality time at the Mall of America.  (You know who lives right by there?)  The mall opens later on Sundays so we had plenty of time for a nice breakfast at Marias.  I still knew Holly well enough to recommend the hot chocolate.  (It is really good there, and worth it for those who aren't big on coffee.)

Then we headed over to the Sculpture Garden
This is the Spoon Bridge, sort of the landmark of Minneapolis.  (St Louis has an arch, San Fransisco has a bridge, this is our thing.)  I think Holly and I both have almost the same hair as we did 10 years ago.  Apparently we have similar fashion tastes too.  

You've seen pictures of the sculpture garden on this blog before.  You've also seen former Semester at Sea people here and here.

No comments:

Post a Comment