8.10.11

Yes; it is that pretty here. And that hot.

Thursday: I did not run as I'd hoped.  I spent most of the day in a drug-induced, but pain free, fog.  Thanks DayQuil!.  I think I went to the gym that night and sat in the hot tub.  Who can remember back so far?

Friday I did run.  I had a great run with Beth.  We were going to do part of the Dreidel Dash course, but then we decided to go longer on Shepherd instead.  I felt like I was going to die for most of it, but Beth kept me going at a challenging and fun pace!
 The rest of the day, I don't really think I did anything.  I'm fairly sure there was a nap.  And I had the air conditioner on.  In Minnesota.  In October.  Global warming is for real.  That's the temperature in the evening, not even the middle of the day.

Saturday I woke up feeling much better.  I realized Qat lady had called me last night, upset that I was asleep and unable to join her on her drinking escapades.  Nyquil was so worth it.

I headed to Pilates, quickly becoming one of my favorite Saturday activities.  Then I persuaded Qat lady to go for a walk.  Something I attempt at least twice a week and succeed at quite rarely.  Qat lady amended the plan to include eating at the Birchwood Cafe.  Three seed sandwich: awesome!  No tomatoes: even better!

Then we took a walk around the Franklin - Lake loop.  Nice to put some good mojo on that stretch of pavement, because last time I was there, things were not so good.
 Still on the Minneapolis side, before the bridge.  The fall colors are wonderful right now.  And the leaves are just starting to fall.
 The view south from the Franklin Bridge. There were a couple of kayaks almost directly below us.  I couldn't take their pictures because I'm afraid of heights and couldn't look straight down. 
 On the "St Paul" side of the river, although still technically in Minneapolis right before the railroad bridge.  On marathon day, it was right before "the wall".  Still not funny.

I got an email that my marathon pictures were ready too.  Most of them aren't so good, perhaps because I was walking (death march?) during the stretch where the cameras had the best view and most time to snap pictures.  Here's a screen shot of the one I liked.
 Still up on my toes, right at the very end!  (I guess the black sports bra with the white shirt didn't do any harm.  Flick your eyes back up there and look, I'll wait.) 

Random update on the dilemma with my neighbor and her loud TV: I asked the association to look into it.  I think it's gotten a little quieter, or I thought that until 11pm tonight.  Bummer.

No comments:

Post a Comment