2.10.11

A marathon completed UGLY is still a marathon FINISHED!

Race report in pictures:
Current temperature in Minneapolis. (WTF?) I assure you, it was much hotter at 2pm when I finished.

Stats from the race. It was ugly. And ended in the medical tent. (Special thanks goes out here to all the volunteers all the way along the course who kept me hydrated, and the medical personnel at the end who kept me basically healthy.)

Stats from the iPod and Nike+. See all that chaos at the end? That's about how I was feeling. See that blip at mile 6? I have no idea what the heck that was about; I assure you it did not help anything. Hilariously my iPod thinks I ran 29 miles. Not the most screwed up mileage I've seen from my Nike+ system, but getting close.

Just a refresher - this was Twin Cities 2010. (Which didn't end in the medical tent but perhaps should have? Immodium is both awesome and from the devil.)

And this was Amsterdam 2009, my first marathon ever, which involved neither a medical tent nor immodium. My finish time was 5:38:27, down in the left corner.

At this point, a finish is a finish. Big THANK YOU to my friends who came to cheer along the course. It's a really big deal to me that you made the effort; easily the best part of the day. (Beth, Robin, Amanda, Chris, Lindsay, and special guest Yvonne who was a sight for sore eyes/legs/etc at mile 25.)

  

No comments:

Post a Comment