3.7.11

Ideas that seem both crazy and good at the same time

Idea number 1 - learn to do mental health therapy (I mean I'm already a social worker, right?).  This idea, along with a couple other things, lead to me taking yet another licensing exam on Friday.  I passed!  I called my boss first because I knew she would be really excited for me and it was exactly what I wanted to hear.  Then I made some other calls.  Amanda, Kelly, and I went out to celebrate with Amanda's first experience with Indian food.  It was good; would have been better had the air conditioning in the restaurant worked.  The $20 bill I found in the parking lot kind of made up for it though.


Idea number 2 - make up for missing a long run by spending three freaking hours on the elliptical on Saturday.  Mission: accomplished.  Then I called Amanda to see if she wanted steak.  She was actually already eating steak with her parents at the camp ground.  So I drove out and joined them for a porterhouse the size of my face ahem a lovely evening with her family.

burying yourself in sand at the playground - total fun!
 
Idea number 3 - a long run tomorrow morning?  I'm not really sure how this one is going to work out; surely it will be an adventure.  I'm thinking pacing and hydration will be my main goals.  I rested most of today and by "rested" I mean "walked seven miles around a couple lakes, sat at the pool and went shopping".  I'll let you know.

Minnesota means "sky tinted waters" - if you look, you can see downtown over the lake in the distance

At Lake Nokomis - great day for sailing

At the pool!

No comments:

Post a Comment