24.4.10

Trying to make peace with the rain

Now that I'm starting to make peace with the river I need to think about making peace with running in the rain.

Because tomorrow morning is the only time this week I can run 11 miles and still recover in time to run 13.1 miles next Sunday. And rain is predicted for some or all of that time slot, so I'll have to give this whole thing a try. No thunder and lightning are predicted right now.

I'm also trying to decide my routes. Currently on the table are Lake Harriet (because according to MnDOT I can go this way again) or a longer version of the Liz Loop. Those are two of my favorite routes and I feel like using them as a reward for keeping a good attitude on my last long run.

::Oh shoot. I need to find someone to feed my fishes while I'm gone.::

While I'm thinking about the run tomorrow, I wanted to share some more running music with you. See previous installments of this series in part 1, part 2, part 3, part 4 and part 5.

  • Say you will is only on my Long Runs play list right now. It's not quite fast enough for the short runs but it's a great song. For some reason, it always reminds me of Chris. Something about these lines in the chorus makes me think of him.
    That always seems to heal the wounds
    If I can get you to dance

  • Call on Me by Eric Prydz is a good up-tempo song if you don't mind the same lyrics over and over. This was one of my favorite songs to listen to while I was slogging around Lake Nokomis in the snow all winter and it's good for improving my attitude on runs now. (Side note: No good comes of looking for this video on youtube.)

  • Always something there to remind me. I love this song. I have no explanation.

  • POP by NSync (I am not ashamed) has a great beat too.

  • And finally, My Doorbell by the White Stripes is a super fun song (with a fairly cool video).

No comments:

Post a Comment