10.4.10

Running the "Liz Loop"

I got out of bed early (at the crack of dawn) this morning to see the St Paul runners. We ran what they have hilariously dubbed the Liz Loop which was spectacular and gorgeous this morning. I had a great time. Afterwords they stopped at Meloglaze and I stopped at Turtle Bread. (Even after a long run donuts don't sound that good to me.)

I lounged about this morning and cooked a leisurely breakfast a huge plate of eggs and bacon with a croissant. Yum. Then I went on a Target run and got some of the best news ever.

In the tradition of posts where I tell you about my running music (see previous entries here, here and here) I'll share some songs which for are basically new to the running playlist in April 2010.
  • Send me on my way by Rusted Root. The video is cool because I love the badlands.

  • My Prerogative by Bobby Brown, a oldie-but-goodie. Also generally safe for kids I think.

  • Love Game by Lady Gaga. I think I've made my feelings about Lady Gaga clear. I'd also encourage the adults to listen to this song and watch the video before any kids do. I'm just sayin...

  • Fireflies by Owl City. This song is safe for everyone and has the bonus of being a Minnesota artist.

  • Big Love by Tracy Byrd. (Why yes, yes it is a country song.) There was a time in my life when I listened to much more country music than I do now. I still like it but the country music stations up here aren't as good as the ones in Cincinnati (big surprise) and I like some of the other stations better. Nonetheless, this is a good song and a fun one to run with.


  • No comments:

    Post a Comment