15.12.08

Copying off Kelly

Who knows the meaning of irony? I do and this is it.

Who knows the meaning of "hindsight is 20/20" and "oh, he was really on to something there"? Environmentalists perhaps. Hopefully the rest of us catch on.

Who knows the meaning of wrong? I do and this is it.

And who knows the meaning of dumb? For those of us in Minnesota experiencing record breaking cold (it's so cold the frost is actually inside my car) this is stupid.

And now, from Kelly, I will do the 25 questions she copied from someone else. I actually read that blog too.

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? Wrapping paper. With lots of ribbons. I love wrapping presents and decorating them with the curly ribbons. Right now I've been using a lot of tissue paper because it looks pretty.
2. Real tree or Artificial? Fake. But seriously, it's like two feet tall and not even the real Charlie Brown trees are that small.
3. When do you put up the tree? Right after Thanksgiving usually.
4. When do you take the tree down? New Year's Day.
5. Do you like eggnog? I feel like I've been told that I don't like egg nog. I'm not sure if it's really true but I've managed to avoid trying it without causing insult most of my life.
6. Favorite gift received as a child? I seem to remember a tennis racket, a sled, and an art set.
7. Hardest person to buy for? Kelly. Sorry, I know I get you the same thing every year, and earlier this year Amanda assured me if I didn't give you that gift you'd go out and but it for yourself. I still feel uncreative when it comes to your gift.
8. Easiest person to buy for? Dad. He likes to play tennis and cook. There's always more to buy with both of those hobbies.
9. Do you have a nativity scene? No. I don't celebrate the baby Jesus at Christmas.
10. Mail or email Christmas cards? ::Looks around sheepishly:: Neither. But I do write a year in review blog post I invite people to read.
11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? Wow. Nothing comes to mind.
12. Favorite Christmas Movie? Love Actually is my favorite Christmas movie that I'll watch in entirety, while A Christmas Story is definitely the one I associate most with Christmas.
13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? Whenever I see a nice present for someone.
14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so. Although, yeah, maybe. I can't remember a specific incident but it sounds like something I'd do.
15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? Have I mentioned the Christmas Spaghetti?
16. Lights on the tree? Colors right now. It's a small tree so it's not tacky.
17. Favorite Christmas song? Little Drummer Boy is probably my favorite. In high school and college I worked in this exhibit at the museum and was deluged with all manner of Christmas songs except (inexplicably) that one so it's one of the few I still enjoy hearing. The Hallelujah Chorus is always a great one. When I was in the Jazz band in high school, God Rest Ye Merry Gentlemen was one of the most challenging (because of the arrangement) and funnest songs to play.
18. Travel at Christmas or stay home? Well, I used to travel to my old home. While I won't be staying there this year, it's possible I'll see it one more time.
19. Can you name all of Santa’s reindeer? Kelly said there were nine of them. On Dasher on Donner on Comet and Vixen on...Prancer... Rudolph. No.
20. Angel on the tree-top or a star? On my tree it's actually an ornament I got at Jenny and Doug's wedding. Hey, for those of you who think I'm difficult to shop for, I need an angel that's appropriate to top a two-foot-tall Christmas tree.
21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas Eve? That's totally cheating. We do it the day of.
22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? It's -10* in Minnesota today? That's the actual temperature. The thermometer doesn't even get low enough to read the wind chill.
23. Favorite ornament theme or color? At home it's all old Christmas ornaments I've been given over the year. On my itteh bitteh tree it's itteh bitteh red globes (that's right, I did avoid saying I had small balls on my tree) but I'm not married to the those.
24. Favorite food for Christmas dinner? Again, I direct your attention to the Christmas Spaghetti.
25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Spaghetti? (This one time, after I'd been out of the US for several months, I was going to stay with Uncle Tom and Aunt Barb. I typed Uncle Tom this email just to firm up the plans. Then I went back and added the word "spaghetti" every few words to the entire text of the email.) I think I'd like a new bed (like the actual mattress for obvious reasons) and I also think I'm going to need a new car radio because the tape player (which is how I listen to my iPod) is freaking out. Kelly, perhaps you can direct me to the place you used.

1 comment:

  1. We used Ultimate Electronics, I think, for my car radio. You know it's friggin' expensive, right? Like, way more than I thought it would be, unless you're installing it yourself. Installation is, like $200 on top of the system itself. Just so you know. But,as a bonus, the iPod cord that hooks my iPod directly into the system was only like $20.

    ReplyDelete