14.12.08

Christmas is coming...

But first, I declare that we shall have blizzard in many parts of Minnesota and the Dakotas. No, seriously. It's not in my area but I suspect the roads (and my car too) are just a solid sheet of ice. As you may recall from what I wrote five minutes ago the temperature came down here pretty fast from temperatures so high the snow pack was melting.

I started re-reading some of my posts from earlier this year and I really enjoyed it. I'm already putting some thought into my next year in review post. Last year's was a fun way to sum up the year without writing out a billion Christmas cards. (I really don't get those.) I started re-living the kitchen fiasco remodel which began in January and felt truly over around May. I also got to look at Mark and Irmghard's wedding again. And re-live Mom telling me my looser cousin didn't even call me to tell me he was engaged. Send an email or something. Seriously.

I also spent a kind of long time watching various Star Trek movies. I am not ashamed. To cap off my productivity for the day, I did laundry (and actually got it folded which should count as it's own accomplishment), "did" the dishes (by loading the dishwasher and turning it on), and wrapped so many presents I ran out of paper.

I was planning on wrapping more presents tomorrow but I just saw the weather report. I think it'll be quite a commitment to see my mentee tomorrow night. It's sad that one of those days when I want to be outside as little as possible is coming in December instead of the middle of January where they belong.

And to wrap the day up, I want to share with you what I've learned this weekend:

Related to the environment:


Political or similar:


On a lighter note:
  • Remember when you could pull a prank like stealing the baby Jesus from a manger and it was funny. Don't do that anymore. It's not worth the theft charges and (I'd imagine in the case of the menorahs) hate crimes charge somewhere along the way. Technology can be so helpful sometimes.

  • Finally, to Kelly and Amanda (mostly to Amanda), I think when we get together to celebrate Christmas we should make this. Just think of all the awesome things you could do with that. It could be bacon, cucumber, lettuce and mayo (for I fear the "T" in the BLT), there could be blue cheese in there, maybe even a little pineapple and mozzerla for a "pine and swine" experience. I'm just saying...

No comments:

Post a Comment