14.12.08

Liz Trains for a Marathon, a reaches an exiciting milestone


Well, I did miss a run last week. (Yesterday really because I was sleeping most of the day.) As much as my OCD wants me to be bothered and freaking out and planning to make it up, the part of me that calms down when I run is fighting that feeling pretty well.

But I did want to run today. It was still 37* when I went out and I had plans to run the five miles I needed for day plus an extra lap around the lake to make up for yesterday. But then the temperature started to drop. Now, I was dressed for running in 37* so I was quite warm at first. I did make two entire laps around the lake which is 5.6 miles. But about a mile into the second lap, the wet pavement started to be ice covered pavement and my once warm face started to feel frozen. So I stopped at the end of the second lap.

Even if I could have changed into something warmer, running on ice, and smooth ice at that, is not my idea of a good time. When I got home I learned the temperature dropped about 10* in that hour and the wind picked up from basically nothing to very strong so the wind chill was even more out of hand.

So, I'm on track for this week which will be my highest mileage week so far if I make it. And when I plugged my iPod in after the run, I got another special treat. I've now run over 500 miles since I started using it in 2007. Thanks again to Amanda, Kelly and Eric for that awesome graduation gift.

I did manage to leave my house yesterday, even if it wasn't to exercise. I went to Bed Bath and Beyond and got Christmas gifts (although I don't think I got any there for anyone who reads this blog, so you can all still be surprised). It was when I got home that I realized I have no wrapping paper.

This morning I made a list of the gifts I still need to buy, and those that I already have. I want badly to go out and get some of them now but I fear the ice I was running on earlier has spread to our roads. The temp is now 18* and the wind chill is -6*. Don't like the weather in Minnesota? Wait five minutes.

When I got home I had a nice bowl of chicken soup and now I'm thinking of making egg drop soup. For some reason, I can never get it the way they make it in the restaurant. I have a feeling they add something unhealthy that makes it taste so good. But I found a new recipe and I'm going to give it a try.

By the way, I seem to be watching even less television since I got the good cable. Somehow seeing that guide on the television just reaffirms my belief there's really nothing good on and I turn the thing off right away instead of aimlessly flipping channels for a while in the hopes that something good will break into my regularly scheduled programming and entertain me for a while.

No comments:

Post a Comment