22.9.07

Wow, I feel good

I went to the gym today, after not quite knowing how to get the appropriate exercise. I wanted to run, but then I knew there was a race at Lake Nokomis. And then I wanted to go to the gym, but that place is crazy on Saturday morning. The solution? I went grocery shopping first and then to the gym after it emptied out. I feel much better after not exercising too many days in a row. I still plan on getting up tomorrow morning to run before apple picking. We'll see.

Other things I plan to do today:
1. Join the credit union. I need to do this so I'm not forced to get a mortgage from Wells Fargo. I've had the experience, I'm not a fan.
2. Measure out my kitchen and start drawing sketches of what I want in there. My biggest fear: I'm going to fall in love, want to get married, and then have to move the second after the kitchen is remodeled. Seriously, that thought has been haunting me for a while now. Maybe it's the OCD.
3. Clean the place. It's actually in really good shape but we are meeting here tomorrow for apple picking. I can make it a little nicer. At least the hallway looks great.
That's pretty much it.

While putting those things off, I did find some neat stuff on the web. Ironic that I find things that are safe for work on the weekends, and the guy who can undress in under seven seconds when everyone is at their office.
1. 23 Simple Health Tips For Bloggers is about how to get exercise at your desk, and to remind you to walk away from time to time. There's no way that picture isn't photoshopped. The guy has no belly button.
2. Apparently "spreading your toes" is a thing in yoga. Even I, who love flip flops and wear them until there's snow on the ground, could never wear these shoes. ::Makes "Ewwwww" face::
3. Sidewalk drawings with real potential, totally safe for work. It's just really neat street art. Maybe that's what I should have done in the hallway.
4. Vegetable art: proof that cooking is really an art project with food. Although I think the googlie eyes are just cheating.
5. Why bottled water is killing the environment. I love that aquafina is just tap water. It makes me feel superior for drinking actual tap water all this time.
6. Another great thing Japan has given the world: Transparent frogs so that no squeamish ninth grader ever needs to dissect the little guys again.

No comments:

Post a Comment