15.9.07

Today was a long day

First, the Blubber Run. I had a really good time running in this event. I ran with Eric who has ridiculously long legs and goes really fast. We ran a 32:08, my fastest 5K time ever. Thanks Eric! This isn't like a normal race, people wear all kinds of costumes and things. There were several Elvis look-alike types, a beer keg, human traffic cones, lumber jacks, vikings, girls in blubber suits (which were surprisingly cool) superheroes, and a people dressed as a bride and groom. I told Eric that with the bride and groom and the grilling out it would be just like last weekend. There were also these people wearing cross country skis. I saw them at the starting line, never did see them again. I wonder how long it took them.

Eric told me last year there was beer stop halfway through the race (no, seriously) but this year they decided to have both of the free beers come at the end of the race. Needless to say, we did not wait in that line. Instead we went to Matt's, home of the Juicy Lucy. It was also fun to have Dad come and see me run. Mom and Dad came to all my soccer games and swim meets when I was a kid, so it's fun when they can still come. It seems like all is right with the world when that happens. Plus, they should get to see what I'm talking about when I mention running races.

After the run and lunch, we came home and vegged out. It was then that I discovered something (and I don't understand what) happened to my blog display. I blame the blogger outage. It all worked fine before that. Ten points to the first person to tell me what's going on. I don't know if I want to fix it or just make it pink again like I did last October. That was so ugly. Anyone got a prettier template I can use? Then there was napping and a not so good meal at Turtle bread. It was fine for me, seemed like not so much for Dad.

We went to the Twin's game and so were unable to take Kelly up on her kind offer for dinner. The Twin's game was exciting. Two things that should go on Overheard in Minneapolis that I personally heard:
9 year old boy: It doesn't hurt to get hit by pitches because when you're older you have more body fat so there's more cushion.

Then, later, same two kids:
7 year old boy: Beer makes you cough.
9 year old boy: How do you know? Have you had it?
7 year old boy: Yes. ::Panicked:: No. I mean no.

Those two kids were pure gold. Sadly, I had to move because an unusually large gentleman came and sat in the seat next to me. It was not his seat. I heard him say so. Ok, people come in different sizes. This is fine. Wait. Nope. The unusually large gentleman also smelled very bad. It took about two seconds for me to find a different seat, where I stayed the rest of the game and was very happy. Even though the Twins lost.

Then Dad and I went to Uptown to go to Chiang Mai Thai, which still had a 20 minute wait at 9:30pm so we went to a Vietnamese place around the corner instead. Now, here I am and I'm beat.

No comments:

Post a Comment