25.9.07

My very own "overheard..." moment

I had my very own Overheard in the Office moment today.

Person on phone: I personally bought you that chemistry book. You better pick it up and remove the squirrel.

Overheard by: Well, it was me who said it. Do you want to know the whole story? Isn't it more fun to imagine. I think at least one of you reading this will know who I was talking to when I said it.

And, a day late, Monday's a B!tch:
1.Which category of Trivial Pursuit would you say you're most knowledgeable in?
Definitely history. Science is second. I usually rely on Kelly for the current events / famous people category that asks questions like "who won the academy award for best actress in their 1973 breakthrough role..." She always knows them.

2.Did you go to your High School Prom? What was it like?
I did not go to prom. I really wasn't all that disappointed because I was single at the time. Also, I was really good friends with the people where I worked and didn't have very many close friends at school. It just didn't sound fun to me. Ten years later I still don't regret it.
3.If you were one of the five senses which would you be?
Hearing I'm sure, because that's the way I interact with the world the most. I love to listen to music, I love television shows and movies with great dialog, and I have a job where I talk to people and listen to what they tell me.
4.Have you ever gone downhill skiing?
No. I had the chance in high school but I played soccer and was very afraid of hurting my knees in the off season. To make up for it, I went caving all the time. That's my chosen adventure sport. Sad for me because now I live in Minnesota where skiing is easy and accessible and caving is not.
5.What's your favourite kind of nut?
I just read this and the first thing that popped into my mind was "Amanda". I'm not sure if that's sweet or wrong. Could be both. I like pistachios and hazelnuts. Mmmn, hazelnuts. Yum.

2 comments:

  1. What are the chances that my Chem book would a)fall out of my bookbag, and b) manage to land ON a dead squirrel? I can't imagine the math...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now that I've read the rest of that post...I resent being called a nut. A little fruity, perhaps. But not nuts. Nuts have too much fat.

    ReplyDelete