25.9.07

Introducing my new TV

I have a new TV tonight. I've named it "Hoss". Hoss is about twenty pounds heavier and twice as large as my old television. Conveniently Hoss is the same brand so I don't have to reprogram any remotes. Also, Hoss' AV inputs are the in back instead of the front which is much more pleasing aesthetically. Hoss came home with me tonight after Kelly and I did some shopping for an early birthday present. Note, now that we've made the purchase, please heed the caution I gave you earlier about technologically related purchases.

I ran this morning, 4.2 miles. I had an interesting experience with the pedometer (See "Google maps pedometer" link on right under "for runners") while I was trying to map out my route. I've never gotten the same distance result twice with that program. It's not usually as far off as it was today though. I think the Nike+ site thought the run was about 4.4 miles. That also uses the google pedometer system just so you know. It's a smaller map with less detail and therefore less accuracy. The actual pedometer gave me between 4.185 and 4.215.... I thought it was around 4.2 so I'm calling it good. I wonder if the inaccuracies in measuring are making me thing I run slower than I do. At the Y yesterday I ran like 11:00 miles or so and this morning I ran 11:40 miles. I think some of the slowdown is traffic and some of it is that in the early morning I move slower on the sidewalks because I'm afraid of falling. I do have some history with that. Last year I fell while running one day and then had to stop for like a month. It sucked. Total miles this week: 8.2 Miles still to run: 6.8 Is it wrong I had to have a calculator to accurately complete that calculation? I probably could have done it without, but it was handy.

This morning after running, I had coffee with a former field instructor and her new interns. It was fun. Although I think the Latte on no breakfast screwed up my eating for the entire day. Normally when I have a latte, I've already had breakfast, or will have breakfast soon. Not so much today. The problem: Latte's make me not hungry, which meant I was not hungry on an empty stomach. After running 4.2 miles. Obviously, no good came of it.

After work, while still feeling hungry and slightly off, I went shopping as mentioned above and then adopted a tv. Anyone need a 17" (or so) tv? Comes with remote. I knew there was no hope of me cooking so I stopped at this place that I heard has good burritos. No, not Chipotle. The burrito was ok. The rice and beans were outside the burrito though so I didn't like it as much. I miss Chipotle but I take issue with the location closest to me. I like the downtown St. Paul and West St. Paul locations much better. I'm funny that way.

It's 9:30 and I'm thinking about sleep. Kelly, how much do you love me at this moment?
One last thing. What's great about this photo? The political statement? The sentiment? Nope, my favorite thing is that I can understand it.

1 comment:

  1. Yo. I'm cool. I get computer speak. also, when do I get my birthday present? Now that we've determined it will be MONTHS before my birthday, I'd like to make it sooner rather than later.

    ReplyDelete