24.7.07

I've consulted my designer

I tried to get up and run this morning. I was unsuccessful. The waking up part. The running part we'll never know. I've decided that tomorrow if I get up and run I'll make a shake with mint in it. I love fresh mint. If I ever start a garden, I'll have mint everywhere because I could put it in almost any food.

I've consulted my designer. She suggested a "plan" for the whole joint before moving forward with any portion of said joint. Also, thank you for the paint suggestions. For the entry way, I like the brown stripes and I'm glad I have approval. The colors I liked were 260F-5 "Applesauce Cake" and 240E-3 "Coronado Dunes". The pink does not scare me.

For the bedroom, I would like to paint it a color. I have no idea which color I'd like to paint it. I have dark purple curtains which could honestly stay or go. It just has to be able to get along with the brown in the hallway. My parents are encouraging me to get new carpet so it doesn't necessarily have to match the carpet I have right now. I mean, seriously, I'm at square one.

For the bathroom, it remains as is. I'm done working in there for a while I think. Although Dad wants me to get a new vanity for there too.

For the kitchen, I think it's going to get re-done, although my plan is still to seek out medium to dark stained wood for the cabinets, and white appliances. Will I really be the first one of us to have a mortgage? Are you sure no one else wants to go first with this one? I'm not sure what the floor will be like in there, maybe wood or the new "fake" hard wood floors. I could do tile. Linoleum is simply not allowed.

For the living room, it needs to be repainted and I refuse to have my walls super-white. I was thinking of a cream color, perhaps one that could pick up on the browns from the hallway and kitchen, or a cream that has a slightly red tint to pick up on the curtains. But seriously, cream ok. Again, I'm not married to the rug in that room so the walls don't have to match it but they do have to match my color changing couch because that's staying and I think the curtains will stay too. They've done well there so far. As far as accent walls, I think even the little wall with the a/c unit in it, or the little wall with the ugly black mirror currently taking up space is just too busy for that space. The wall with the a/c unit is too close to the red curtains and so doesn't need to be accented and the wall with the ugly mirror is literally the other side of the hallway wall which will have brown stripes on it.

We'll see how this whole "Liz wakes up and runs" things works out tomorrow. I'm secretly not optimistic.

1 comment:

  1. Anonymous11:13 AM

    Here are my thoughts on your bedroom colors....

    How do you want to feel in your bedroom? Happy? Calm? Cheerful? Sad? Energized?

    Pick 2 or 3 favorite colors.

    I can work with that. Yes, I'm that good.

    Hey, how many other people do you know who can give interior design consults via blog while not having been to your house in over a year? It's a talent, I tell ya.

    ReplyDelete