2.7.07

I know at least one of you reading can relate to this

I know at least one person who reads this blog can relate to my current situation. A while ago, I remember talking with a friend who didn't always like to go to the gym. In particular, she didn't like to use the treadmill because she felt like her "feet banged" when she ran and she would draw attention to herself. Why, yes, I do still remember that story. I feel her pain.

There's this weight lifting class at the YWCA that looks interesting. For a while I've been wanting to start weight lifting. I keep reading how important it is for runners to cross train and how wonderful weight training really is. So tomorrow might be the first morning I go to the class. I think I'll be fine once I get started, I just hate walking in and not knowing what to expect. Hopefully there will be nice people there. Also, it's at 6am and I have no idea how the timing of the class will play into things.

In more uplifting news, I was talking to another friend about health insurance. I was saying I have sort of a running list of things I need a doctor to check out for me and I'm waiting until I have health insurance to do it. One of the things I mentioned is my ongoing toenail issues also mentioned here with pictures. Said friend was like "yeah, so? Mine are doing that too" so it's possible I'm just getting old. It's also possible we have the same thing wrong with us.

No comments:

Post a Comment