6.4.07

Saturday 8 even though it's Friday

From The Saturday 8:
1. are you a religious person?
To me this means: "Do you go to church?" No, I do not. Although I've been thinking about going to a church up here called the Unity Church. It's not the same thing as Unitarian. I know the... uh... Reverend. Ask me the difference between a Reverend, a Pastor and Minister. I can tell you how all of those people are different from a priest.

2. are you a spiritual person?
Yup.

3. were you raised in a religious household?
Again, I read, "did you go to church as a kid?" And the answer is no, I was afraid of church as a kid because I was afraid someone was going to know I wasn't part of that religion (and so didn't belong there) and make me leave. I wasn't so scared of religion itself, it was more a social anxiety thing.

4. have you/do you/would you raise your children in a religious household?
I don't have kids. I guess that's a joint decision. I think I'd fight raising the kids in most churches pretty hard though. That's just not how I experience faith.

5. i'm turning 35 years old this year, but i'm often mistaken as being at least ten years younger. in fact, people rarely believe that my 13-yr. old is actually my daughter, and swear that she's my sister. are you mistaken for being older or younger than you truly are?
Yes. I supervise teenagers and people often think I'm one of them. I still get carded all the time. It's ok. I'd rather look younger than older at this point.

6. when my husband and i first married, he looked like he was still in high school and i was often (jokingly) accused of robbing the cradle - we're the same age. a month ago, one of my husband's aunts thought that he was my FATHER (vindication!). do you and your significant other appear to be significantly younger or older than each other?
Not applicable.

7. there is an agency called the american association of anti-aging medicine that is dedicated to the advancement of therapeutics related to the science of longevity medicine. would you consult such an agency or other medical office for supplements, advice, etc. to help you increase your longevity?
A professor once told me about this theory on aging. This guy came home one night and parked his old car in the garage. The next morning he went in the garage and the entire car has fallen apart in the middle of the night. The theory on aging says right now our bodies crap out slowly over time, and it can be quite a painful process. As a species we're moving to our bodies falling apart all at once. Not literally over night, but in a much shorter version of what's happening now. I'd go to this agency for stuff to make my body quit all at once rather than the sometimes slow painful version. I wouldn't go for anything to outright make me live longer. I think that's not the point of life.

8. OT ... what are you doing for fun this weekend?
I'm all alone. That's not really fair to my friends who invited me to spend the weekend with them. It's just that none of the plans worked out.

1 comment:

  1. If it makes you feel any better about your decision to not come with, consider the following:
    1) there was no bacon.
    2) Emma was getting sick. If you've never been around a 2 year old who's coming down with a cold, I don't recommend it. Lots of whining. Lots of crying. Lots of snot.

    ReplyDelete