9.9.06

I've made a decision

As I've previously mentioned I've been quite puzzled by the whole DVD-R, DVR, combo quandry. I have come to a decision. I'm buying a DVD-R for now. At some point in my future, I will want a new computer. Instead of blowing $350 or $400 now on a DVD-R/DVR combo now, I'll save it and buy a slightly nicer media center computer which can be a DVD-R, DVR, and computer all in one. I've also discovered some nice freeware for turning a windows computer into a media center and this one for Macs and Linux machines. Sadly, I do not have a new enough uhh.. display card. (Yeah, I totally don't know what it's called, but I know I have a 9100 and I need a 9600 or higher.) If anyone knows something like MediaPortal that will work on my happy little computer, let me know.

1 comment: