22.8.17

Long Run Sunday - Hills of Cincinnati and Sunrise

Plan: I mean, keep the heart rate somewhat in check.  But really, this is a vacation run so try to enjoy it a little bit.

Route: This is part of the Flying Pig Marathon Course.  I've run sections of this either from Mom and Dad's house, or as part of the Half Marathon, but Madisonville was a mystery to me.  I did Erie to Madison Road, up Woodburn to McMillan, and then onto Victory Parkway until the lookout point which I used as a turn around.  (After the turn around I was going the same direction as the marathon goes.)

Weather: Let's talk about humidity.  Because it was like 99%, the whole freaking time.
Wardrobe: 2xu shorts, bra, my Illuminite tank.  Did I mention half of this was done before it was light out? Altra running shoes (that was a mistake) and my visor. I also had sunglasses which where not much used and a Fitletic belt which is also going to get mixed reviews.

Execution: I had a different program on my Garmin for this run. (Because sometimes, you just need that little something to get you out the door.)  My range was 130bpm-150bpm and my performance was on point.  I walked a bit on the last hill up to Paxton and then by the police station.  I'm okay with that. This was a solid run, and turned out to be a lot of fun.   14:11/mile, avg Hr 138 bpm

Nutrition: Pre run I had half an avocado, salted (it had a big pit).  I had one or two sips of water (and the water bottle is what leads to the mixed reviews on the running belt).  During the run, I tried a date and didn't like it.  I had a few raisins. During the cool down I finished my water and the raisins.
Bonus:  Something I've never seen before happened.  A car came across Erie Ave, behind me. I looked like it was dragging metal cans from a wedding or something.  Sparks were coming up everywhere.  I thought it was odd for 5:30am.  Two seconds later a wheel comes across Erie Ave on the same trajectory as the vehicle.  Yeah, that car wasn't dragging cans.  It was dragging its back axle.  (No people or cars in the intersection and I saw the driver later.  He appeared bummed but healthy.)

No comments:

Post a Comment