14.2.12

Cincinnati Surprise - Sundday

It feels like Saturday.  Maybe that's becuase I'm not working tomorrow.

This morning I woke up and headed for a run.  Happily the wind had died down from 20mph to 10mph or so.  I didn't bring my neck gator, or too much gear at all, but I was happy with what I had.  I did a long-ish hill run.  Everything in Cincinnati is a hill run.
It's just a little out and back course that I do along Erie Avenue.  It's okay running but the sidewalks are narrow in a few places.  I finally understand why "Summit Ave has really wide sidewalks" is a big deal.
 
That hill at mile 1 is every bit as challenging and straight up as it looks but it's early enough in the run it's not that bad.  It's fun as hell to run back down.  Actually, practically the last mile is down hill which is a nice way the end the run.
Above is Hyde Park Square and Grater's.  Below is the view before I summit the beast and head the last mile home.  It was one of very few stoplights I hit on the run today.

It was colder than hell but at least there was sunshine.  That made it nice once I got used to the wind.

This Sunday is also Brunch Sunday. Mike and Linda (of the house I grew up in) have a brunch every year with tons of homemade food.  It's wonderful.  I've missed it every year since I lived in Minnesota.  I was thrilled to make it back this year.  I saw Emily (also of the house I grew up in) and lots of parents of people I'd gone to school with.  I also saw Mrs Cartel, now of the house I grew up in, but I did not ask for a tour of the old place.  I'm sort of over it.

In the afternoon Dad and I headed down to Kentucky to see some of my favorite people in the whole world.  And then they climbed all over me.  All afternoon.


These guys were my hosts.  We played, stood on our heads, and tried on each others shoes.  Ben looks great in mine!  We had spaghetti for dinner.  Luke says it's better than Grandpa Tom's but someone may have put him up to that.  When we got home Mom tried to watch me type on my blog.  It's rude to stare over someone's shoulder while they're on the computer.  Just saying.




No comments:

Post a Comment