30.5.11

It's really really hot here

This weekend was basically a four day slug-fest on my couch.  It was wonderful.  I ate, I drank, I did very little else.  Last night I did make it to the gym for some time on the elliptical.

Today, it seemed like a good idea to go for an actual run.  (Why not?  It's only above 80* and 10,000% humidity?  There's no tornadoes on the way or anything.)  This is a step back week (Win!) so a short run was in order.  I headed over to my happy place for this route, a nice little four mile run *ahem* "four mile torture fest in 83* heat and 70% humidity".  Like I said, a great idea.

I apparently save this route for extreme conditions.  I find it's easier to stick with in extreme conditions; there are no short cuts on this route once I've turned around and no roads or stop lights so I can just keep going.  Let's review today versus the last time I was here.

Shoes then: Anything that will accommodate my YakTrax
  
Shoes now: PINK! And no yak trax.
Conditions then: Snow banks.
 
Conditions now: Grass!  And look, houses too.
Nature then: Pine trees are marginally alive, hating winter as much as the rest of us.
Nature now: LIFE!

No comments:

Post a Comment