9.5.11

Back to counting calories; and that dinner was a mistake

After a long and somewhat painful weekend, I've decided I need to continue to proactively manage my weight.  While getting on the scale at least a few times per week has probably helped me not  gain any weight, I'm not loosing anything either.  The best medicine seems to be counting calories.

I stopped counting calories around Christmas last year.  (Maybe?  It was after the marathon for sure.)  Partly I stopped counting becuase I was sick of it and thought I'd learned my lesson.  Another reason (bigger than I'd realized at first) was that the battery of my iPod was freaking out and always super lower.  Now that I have an iPod dock, that issue seems to have resolved.  Which means I can use the app I like.  (The android app store had a nice one too, just not the one with all my food from the past year already programmed in.)

Training... is still going on.  This morning I quickly consulted the radar and realized it was going to be an indoor type of workout day.  It started raining about three seconds after I got to the gym with lightning and everything.  I did the elliptical and was thrilled to remember how much I can eat, even while counting calories, after doing the ellipticals for an hour.

No comments:

Post a Comment