18.5.07

What'd I do today?

Holy cow am I tired. This morning I ran 4.25 miles. I'm glad I can still run that far. When I got home my parents came over from the hotel and we went out to Maria's Cafe for breakfast. I highly recommend the corn pancakes with cheese. I've actually never had anything else there because it's such a specialty.

After breakfast we lounged and read the paper / looked at pictures / played on the internet for quite a while. Then we went to the Mall of America and specifically to the Aquarium to see the fishes.







After the aquarium we shopped more. I got totally cute interview clothes, which only make the interview clothes I already own cuter. I can't wait to have a job to wear them.

No trip to the Mall of America is complete with out the obligatory stop at Ikea. Dad was mildly entertained. I think Grandma was somewhere between being amazed with the store and being so tired she could pass out. In the end we got a few things, including a non-stick whisk for me.

After the shopping trip we came home. Dad napped and snored. I napped and did not snore. No one knows what Mom and Grandma did because we were not awake to see it.

That's about when I decided it was time to eat again. Once my Mom heard about Beer battered green beans, there was no stopping her so we went to the Longfellow Grill for dinner. We played around on the Lake Street bridge while we waited for a table.


After dinner we saw Lock and Damn Number 1 (near the Ford Parkway bridge) and Minnehaha Falls.






Lessons I learned while out:
  • Stores like Nordstrom Rack and Marshall's are not places I can shop alone, nor were they meant for anyone to shop without a friend.

  • Crying toddlers, and sometimes crying babies give me panic attacks, no one knows why.

  • A single serving of milk does have enough protein to make me not hypoglycemic before shopping at Ikea.

  • Bay Scallops are not that good. Order something else.

No comments:

Post a Comment