19.11.06

It's my blog and so I can say these things

I was poking around on the internet this summer and discussions with Kelly about homelessness, begun here and continued here on Kelly's blog and here on my own blog.

I was watching D. L. Hughley on the Jay Leno Show the other night. Mr. Hughley pointed out that in Las Vegas prostitution is legal and unionized and so is gambling. About the only thing people go to jail for is being homeless.

Victoria is a wonderful city in Canada and home to Butchart Gardens. I'm really not sure why this place isn't one of the seven wonders of the world because it's fantastic and I don't even like flowers. Victoria was plagued by the same thing as these residents in Las Vegas: public urination. Victoria turned to technology to address the problem. They invented urinals that sink into the ground during the day and literally come out of the cement at night. There's something Vegas never thought of.

No comments:

Post a Comment