22.6.18

We Walk 14 Weeks To Go (Part 2)

Plan: Walk 2:50 or so.  Try not to get too hot. 
Route: Dungeon Master picked the route.  We started up by her place, walked to a lake, around it clockwise, and then once counter clockwise and then home.
Weather: I thought it was hot.  80* or so, sunny.  It was a gorgeous day
Wardrobe: Brooks shorts, my bike shirt which henceforth will be the shirt I always wear on these runs because of the pockets, visor, Altras.   And I poured water on myself at every water fountain we saw.  Dungeon Master thought I was a bit nuts but I assure you, it was the right decision.
Execution: I thought it went really well.  I was a bit stiff by the end, especially in my ankles and IT bands, but I didn't get too hot.
Nutrition: In addition to the water I poured on my head, I had a couple salt pills and a Larabar.  This was a late afternoon walk so I'd already had breakfast and lunch.
Bonus: I'm sitting here and I've yet to have dinner.  But, I just made a (virgin) blended drink with strawberries and fizzy water and it's excellent.

No comments:

Post a Comment