7.8.16

TC 10 Mile - 10 Weeks to go

10 Weeks 'till race day

Sunday
Planned: 10-12 miles
Actual: 11.63 miles at Ft Snelling.  At 5am. Bonus walk around Lake Harriet with Olive later in the day.

Monday
Planned: Hills or trails
Actual: 6.6 miles on the Lyndale/50th hill route.


Tuesday
Plan: Low heart rate run + lift weights
Actual: 60 mins elliptical (because that's always good for low heart rate); 2.2 treadmill miles Avg HR 132; TRX/Kettlebell class.

Wednesday
Plan: 1 mile
Actual: 1.21 miles, 8 minute abs

Thursday
Plan: 8-10 miles
Actual: 4.8 miles on treadmill, 48 mins on the elliptical.  16 mins foam rolling.  Even though this isn't 8 straight miles of running, I'm quite happy with this work out.  The treadmill portion went much better (faster, lower heart rate) than expected and it was quite a confidence builder.  Treadmills at the gym can only be programmed for 1 hour, so after that I switched to the elliptical.

Friday
Plan: 1 mile
Actual: 1.05 miles, and I did not poop my pants but it was a close thing,  I'm calling that a win.

Saturday
Plan: Hills - 2x6 mins.  Or backup is 3x 7mins speed, 4 mins recovery
Actual: 3x 7 mins speed, 4 mins recovery.  Speed laps were 10:51, 10:50 and 10:46.  I'm confused about how I'm going to be able to keep up that pace for 10 miles though.  After the run I did Zumba and some foam rolling.

No comments:

Post a Comment