13.8.16

TC 10 Miler - 9 Weeks to Go

Sunday
Planned: 12-14 miles
Actual: 12.65 miles, post-run foam roll.

Monday
Planned: Hills or trails
Actual: 7.15 miles at Baker Park Reserve (hill running on a paved trail).  I ended this run by jumping in a lake and I think it's the best thing I ever did.

Tuesday
Planned: Low heart rate run, lift weights
Actual: 2.25 miles on the treadmill, Avg HR 135.  60 mins on the elliptical.  TRX/Kettlebell class.

Wednesday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.22 miles run.  8 minute abs.  My arms are sore from yesterday. 

Thursday
Planned: 8-10 miles, aim for Z3 I'm cringing as I write this
Actual:  7.95 miles.  Watch me be okay with that last 0.05. 9 minutes abs with a friend at the end.  I did not focus on heart rate.  I let myself go on Monday, and was happy with that effort.  And it was 82* and 80% humidity when I was running, which always skews the heart rate anyways. Despite all that, the run felt great. 

Friday
Planned: 1 mile run
Actual: 1.22 miles, bonus 2 mile walk with friends at lunch

Saturday
Planned: Constant Speed 2x10mins, 5 mins recovery
Actual: Completed, "speed" sections were 10:56 and 10:49 pace.  I am still totally intimidated by these runs and I can't imagine running 10 miles at this pace.  But when I'm out actually doing it, it feels kind of good.  As a bonus I caught the last 20 minutes of Zumba.

No comments:

Post a Comment