26.8.13

The Great Minnesota Get Together

I went with a friend to the state fair this year, so I could be her cheering support for the Milk Run.  It was hotter than blue blazes, all day.  I was thrilled that I wasn't racing.  The pictures should tell a convincing story on this one:

Start of the day: The Milk Run.  She ran by me, early in the race.  Then we sat around the finish line for a long time.  And all of a sudden, there she was.  Check out that lean.  She was cruising!



Checking out the barns.  We saw rabbits, goats, sheep, cows, chickens, ducks, turkeys, horses, and several different ways to sleep inside a barn, for both people and animals.
  




Next we learned all the different ways to make art out of food.  Butter sculptures were fun to see, only one was done.  Also, crop art.

Flowers in the agriculture barn.  True story: I was all "look at that black widow" and scared Lucinda to death because she thought I meant a real spider.

And all kinds of other general sights.  For those of you who haven't gone yet, bring your own water bottle.  Find good fried food.  Ride the sky galley so you can see the whole fair.  Come early because that's when the animals in the barns are actually doing things.  And then, go up to the second floor of the grand stand and get your hair colored.





No comments:

Post a Comment