3.8.13

Surprisingly Fun 6 Miler - My body is good at running but my brain is not

I had been sort of dreading my little six-miler today.  True story.  The 20-miler next week strikes fear in the heart, but that's a whole other story.

I was feeling really tired today because of all the playing I did yesterdy.  I ran 2 miles on the track and 3 miles with a friend and then she took me to Body Pump to see if I liked that.  I had lunch with said friend and another girl from Zumba.  After that I met the Qat Lady for an afternoon walk and a stop at Grand Old Creamery.

So yeah, today I was toast and not looking forward to the run.  I'd decided that I'd bike up to the gym, and chose there if I was going to run inside on the track or outside on the Greenway.  Turns out we are having the most perfect weather in the world and I couldn't bear to be inside.  I probably would've be alone on the track anyways.  Then I mentally decided I could do any distance I wanted on the Greenway, and finish on the elliptical if I felt like it.  My body is good at running but my brain is not.


This was one of those runs that just got better and better and better the entire time.  I did make it out the full three miles, which is about to Hennepin Ave, and I caught a glimpse of the Uptown Art Fair as I hit the turn around point.  I took a couple pictures while I was running, and then some at the end of the run.  The turn around point was in a weird spot so when I finished I actually had to walk a couple blocks back to the gym.  Best time ever to take pictures.  Total for the run was 6 miles, the 'long run' of my step back week.


After the run I headed into the gym for a long foam roller session.  I'm really proficient at stretching my legs with the foam roller, and my lower back as well.  Yes, really.  I haven't figured out how to stretch out my arms, shoulders or chest with the foam roller so well.  My upper body was really sore from the workout yesterday and wanted some love.  I did my best.  Hilariously, my legs were mostly fine.


No comments:

Post a Comment