28.9.12

Spork! Not. But I was on the news today!

This post has nothing to do with sporks.  Two separate people mentioned this post to me today, so I thought I should just use the word "spork" as much as possible to increase blog popularity.  Heirloom tomatoes were also mentioned and I've been requested to do a post on solid state hard drives (they make my computers go super fast)All of this stemmed from the events of today.

4:45am My alarm goes off.  Why?  Because I am a nice person.

5am Show up at Bolder Options with some other mentors, mentees, staff and Sven Sundgaard.  For the out of towners - Sven is a really well liked local news personality.  He's a meteorologist most of the time but also does segments about running and science. He's really nice.  And yes, we are the same height.

530 or so We start 'filming' with a warm up while some of the Bolder Options staff were interviewed.  There was lots of filming with interviews in the front and the peanut gallery in the back.
 
630 or so I was interviewed about fundraising for Bolder Options and then we took off for a "run".  That meant run away from the camera and stop when they cut to commercial.  We got down the block.

655 One more "video feed" segment, just for the end of the news.  Many many many mountain climbers were involved.  Sven also stretched with us and the kids.

7am Done.  The real reason I showed up is because I was offered a new Bolder Options shirt.  Mine says "This is BOLD" and I got it way back when I was matched with my mentee so I was happy for a new one.  This one has an updated slogan too.  I'm wearing it as I type.

Shortly after that time - I was on my couch asleep again.  Well deserved.  During my normal morning I woke up, went grocery shopping, and then met the Qat Lady for lunch.  We went to Highland Grill.  I had the pesto but wasn't a super fan.  Pesto is good enough that you don't have to add bell peppers and onions to it.  WTF?

This was my one Friday a month to work so I headed over.  My question to the city of St Paul - will you ever be done with construction on Ohio Street?  It's getting old.  Also, the detour was non-existent.  Boo.

After 'work' I sat down and had a beer with my neighbor.  Beer is great for bringing out all kinds of discussions, like religion and politics.  Stuff I try to keep to myself but it doesn't always work.  I'm thinking it was one of the last really great days we'll have for sitting in the courtyard.


To finish off the night, I cooked a few of those things I got from the store.  I made my awesome Jicama Sticks dish.  Add sea salt too.  It makes it even better.  I also made sweet potato fries. 
Tomorrow I will make roasted green beans.  For the forseeable future I will also be making smoothies and using frozen fruit in my yogurt.  Frozen berries were wicked on sale at the store so I stocked up.  Mmmm.  Raspberries.  Also tomorrow I'm being threatened with cooked tomatoes.  "You like those right?"  Not if it just takes like a hot version of a raw tomato.  We'll see.  Maybe I will like it and learn a new dish in the process.

No comments:

Post a Comment