12.6.12

Long Run Mondays - Life is Rough

I got up around 6am this morning and debated if I had a sinus infection or a migraine.  I decided, if I have to ask, it's best just to go back to bed.

I headed in to work around 1130.  (Half an hour earlier than my schedule predicted my arrival.)  I dread work a little more every day since this happened.  It's getting pretty bad.  Just tell me what in the world is going on please?  Watch me stay calm.


I did want to run, so I headed to the gym after work.  I'd show you the Nike+ information, but my system had a big freaking issue and half the workout data is missing.  It's also the first time ever that my system thinks I went over a mile shorter than I actually ran.  Bite me.

Workout:
  • Track - Pyramid run.  (1 lap, 2 laps, 3 laps, 4 laps, 5 laps, 4 laps, 3 laps, 2 laps, 1 lap with breaks in between).  This was possibly my best pyramid run ever.  I finally figured out the pacing so the 4 and 5 lap rounds were challenging but I never questioned my survival.
  • Elliptical - speaking of survival.  I was on it for about an hour.  What?  I needed to simulate a 'long run'.
  • Cool down, stretch and foam roller.  The foam roller is my best friend.


 

I just did a serious overhaul of my running playlist.  Since I'm long overdue for a "running music" update, here are some old and new songs to enjoy:

No comments:

Post a Comment