15.5.12

Tuesday Running - Don't Panic

I woke up at 5am today because I had a running date with Running Beth in St Paul.  Win for me.  I told Beth it's a good thing Facebook has pictures or I'd forget what she looked like.  Sunrise over Lake Street on the way to run:

 

We did our 4-ish mile route.  I needed a run because I had this meeting at work later...  Beth totally understood.  Flowers are in full bloom here.  I can finally feel myself not having allergies.  Nice.
 

 

I pretty much headed into the office after the run so I got there super early.  It was nice being in the quiet office for a while.  I was much more productive than in other circumstances.

Then, all of a sudden, it was time for that meeting.  The moment said meeting was over I felt sick to my stomach and just wanted someone to talk to.  Why is Mom not picking up the phone?  Qat Lady?  Apparently stuffing herself with hot dogs at the ball game.  Oh well. 

It didn't take me long to realize I needed to pull my shit together. 

The afternoon was occupied by a training about hoarders.  Oy.  I headed straight home after the training.  Why is there so much traffic?  How I feel about sitting in traffic jams:

 

I got to talk to the Qat Lady on the drive home and she was super supportive.  Once I got home I also talked to Dad who was great (not surprisingly) and my Grandma who was unexpectedly awesome.  Thanks!

My soundtrack for the day: Alison Krauss and Union Station - Down to the River to Pray


No comments:

Post a Comment