25.2.12

Mother nature is Effing with my running plans...

I want to complain about the weather but it's been such a mild, snow free season so far that I'll hold myself together.

The plan was to wake up early tomorrow and do Ft Snelling because I am in the mood to run.
Then I looked at the weather report and I'm not sure what to make of it.  There's a 50% chance of snow starting late tonight and continuing through morning.  Snow will have "no significant accumulation".  Radar is definitely showing something outstate, but it's too far away to tell if it'll hit the cities or not.  I hate you weathermen.

My thoughts about the situation, such as they are:
-Ft Snelling trail probably still has snow on it and should not be attempted until after sunrise
-Ft Snelling trail with snow will suck if it's also snowing around me
-I could do a Lake Harriet run, it's about the same distance
-Lake Harriet routes lack the awesome hill at Ft Snelling.  Sad.
-It will be cold as shit
-I don't want to do 5:2s, I want to run.
-Wanting to run combined with the cold means I should only go as far as I can actually run.  (Trust me, due to wardrobe accommodations, walking can lead to frostbite.)
-Do I need to carry water?  I probably should, at least for practice.
-It'll be raining later on in the day; I've run in rain with no significant accumulation before and it's not an experience I care to repeat
-I could go to the gym.  On a Sunday morning.
-If I went to the gym, I'd have to get there early
-If I went to the gym I'd have to do a combination of track, treadmill and elliptical to get the desired mileage
-If I went to the gym, I'd have to reserve an elliptical so early it'd be ridiculous
-Running outside in the snow still sounds better than being at the gym early on a Sunday
-I hate winter at the gym; why are all those people there?

The problem with having an A Race that's nine months away is I have no idea what I want to get out of my workouts now and no idea what my true weekly mileage should be. 

I have no idea what I'm going to do.  I may just set my alarm and see how I feel when I wake up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment