20.2.12

Easy Walking Saturday

Today was an easy going day that was really nice.

10ish I woke up and had an unhealthy breakfast.  Mmmm.  Butter.
1pm Pilates - and the parking lot at the gym was packed.  The gym was packed.  Class was busy but pleasant. 
230ish I made my way over to Lake Harriet and had a lovely walk.  Hello Sunshine!  I actually parked at Lake Harriet but wound up walking around Lake Calhoun because it sounded fun and pretty.

Soundtrack for the walk:


Pictures from the day:
Check out this post to see a picture from the same spot when the lake is not frozen.  Docks aren't removed so much as pushed out into the middle of the lake before the freeze.

 This is how we roll on Lake Calhoun.  Ask me about the dude riding his bike on the ice.
 Everybody was at the lakes today.  At least everyone who wasn't parked at the gym was at the lakes today.  It was lovely to see all of you!
I did eventually make it out onto the lakes myself.  Just to see why everyone else was doing it and snap some pictures.  The north end of the lake wasn't quite as frozen as I would have liked but the south end was fine.
The view of downtown Minneapolis as seen from standing on top of Lake Calhoun.  Yes, those are ice houses in the mid ground.  We take all kinds here.
The Qat Lady says I take too many pictures of myself when I'm bored.  This is for her.  Make sure she knows it's a picture of the ground.
 Back to Lake Harriet.  I have no idea why the band shell is tilted like that.
 It was a beautifully sunny day.  A nice day for a walk.

No comments:

Post a Comment