25.9.11

When you go for a run and feel so fortunate to be alive and running

I love it when I go out for a run and the moment I step outside I feel so lucky to be heading out for a run, excited about the route, and generally feeling good.  I'm sure I've made my feelings about Ft Snelling quite clear.  See the running review and the out of town parents review if you need a reminder.  Per tradition, my last "long run" before marathon Sunday is always completed at Ft Snelling if possible.

As I was running on the parkway I saw the guy putting up the signs saying "this road closed first Sunday in October" (hell yeah it is!).  I also sort of saw the start line for Women Run the Cities.  Good luck to my friends who were running the 10-miler!

I may have figured out part of the issue with my phone.  (I have a love/hate relationship with Android.)  I use  Endomondo to track my runs.  (I've checked out other apps like RunKeeper and I really like this one.)  I use the default "Music" player on my phone for music.  For some reason, every once in a while (like every freaking run), DoubleTwist will just open and start playing music.  (Excuse me?  Did I ask you?  Was that the playlist I wanted to hear?  WTF?)   I finally just uninstalled DoubleTwist.  It appears that I can keep the desktop app and be able to sync playlists, even without the app on my phone.

Now I'm having an issue with Blogger (what is the deal today?) where I can't post photos.  Did Blogger stop supporting .png files? 

After my basically joyous run this morning, that vague sense of dread is sinking in.  Less than one week to go!



No comments:

Post a Comment