10.9.11

To those who think fall is coming - HA! Yeah, right!

I finally drug my butt out of bed after 9am this morning.  (Guess I'm not meeting anyone for a lakes run...)  I had a four miler on tap.  At first I was all "yeah, I've gone faster" and then I was all "what is wrong with me?" until I ended up thinking, "oh, hey, it's like 70* and 70% humidity".  Fall must sort of be coming because I'm getting the fall allergies (there are unusual side effects) symptoms during my runs.  But temperature wise, it's still very much summer.  It was almost 90 yesterday and will be about as hot today.

The realizations about temperature impacting my performance was followed by "thank goodness I did my 21-miler last week" because this weather would suck.  (Heather: I hope you have a good last long run and I wish you would carry some water with you.  Just saying.)

I took the usual four miler route.  This route is not flat.  I'm trying to remind myself that the ability to ascend hills will suddenly become very useful, like around mile 20 of the marathon.  Because otherwise I would've found a different route.


Definitely not breaking any land speed records this morning. It really was hot. 

After running I did a little business at Wells Fargo (by "business" I mean "closed my accounts"), got fresh bread at the bakery, and made an awesome breakfast.

About 20 minutes before class started, I realized I could do Pilates at 1pm today.  (I missed last Saturday because the floor of the studio was being resurfaced and last Monday for Labor Day) so I dropped what I was doing and headed over.

I'm having two thoughts right now - either that coffee was not decaf, or there was something wrong with those eggs.  Just saying.  I'm actually more inclined to blame the coffee.

I'm going to lay on the couch for a little while, then my goal is to have my apartment be clean (that's like a perpetually failed goal) and to carb-load for my "long run" of 12 miles tomorrow.  (Ft Snelling, here I come!)

No comments:

Post a Comment