7.8.11

The big build up begins...

In marathon training, the last month is always the best because it's just one big long taper, all the really hard work is done.

The second to last month of marathon training?  It's when a lot of the hard work is done.  It's also when the best food is eaten!  Welcome to the second to last month of marathon training!

Supposedly, according to my plan, I should have already done one 20 miler by now.  A combination of heat waves and general distaste for being on an elliptical that long means I've done a couple 18 milers.  I'm "due" for a 20 miler next week, but I'm moving my mileage around because next week I need to be running from Winona to Minneapolis dressed up like a pretend cop.  Read the 2009 race report and the 2010 race reports if you don't believe me.

In excellent coincidence, the heat wave broke today.  It was still too hot to really run when I got up, so I took a nice walk.  The plan was to walk some today and then run outside as much as possible the rest of the week, including a nice long run.  It was above 70* this morning, but barely made it up to 80* all day.  Win!
My shadow, almost taking a break. The sun was going behind a cloud as I was snapping that photo.

Flowers in the neighborhood.

I thought I'd try taking a few more shots of Minne (our Lake Creature!) She's at Lake Hiawatha this summer. Bonus points if you have any clue where that is!

The Cedar Avenue bridge. It was actually pretty packed for a Sunday afternoon. I can't imagine where all those people were going.

Sailboats on Lake Nokomis. It was a gorgeous day, but not as windy as yesterday so maybe not quite as good for sailing. These last couple shots are good reminders of the meaning of the word "Minnesota". Indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment